We are looking for a Executive Director for the Turning Point Center of Chittenden County
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the long-term viability of the Turning Point Center through fundraising, building community relations, and ensuring the Center adheres to its mission. The ED is the public face of the Center and is accountable to the Board of Directors, and works with the Board of to develop a comprehensive program of assistance and services for individuals and families coping with substance use disorders. The ED is also responsible for the maintenance of a strengths-based environment that includes compassion and accountability for all involved with the center: Employees, contractors, volunteers and guests. This position is 40 hours per week and may require occasional travel.
- Leadership and fundraising, including building and maintaining relationships with major donors and development of sustained giving and legacy programs.
- Fostering effective teamwork and empowering others to perform at a high level to fulfill the Center’s mission.
- Hiring, supervision, professional development, and evaluation for the Center’s employees and contractors.
- Oversight of finances, including monthly cash flow and assuring sound financial management, bookkeeping, and accounting procedures are followed.
- Management of grants to the Center, including timely and accurate reporting for Board of Directors, State, community, and foundation donors.
- Oversight of Center programs, including recovery coaching in the Center and the UVMMC Emergency Department, peer support, employment, Moms in Recovery, and other programs, with an emphasis on validating the recovery progress.
- Management of the strategic plan and budget in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Development and oversight of community engagement and programming in relation to services, understanding of SUD in the community, and the need for improved services and access to services. This includes outreach, public appearances, educational programming and communications.
- Expansion of community-based partnerships and collaboration to further extend the Center’s services, especially to underserved individuals and groups.
- Representation of the Turning Point Center and SUD services with county and state officials and the Vermont legislature.
- Collaboration with other recovery centers in Vermont, and consultation with centers around the country.Executive Director Qualifications: We seek an individual with experience in management in a social service-related area, and least five years of experience in social services and/or recovery services. The ED must be able to model compassion and clarity in support of the recovery journey, and the Center’s staff, volunteers and guests. The ED will have knowledge of recovery science, services, and treatment. and will understand the requirements of State, Federal, community, foundation, and individual donors. Excellent public presentation skills are essential. knowledge of marketing and social media strategies; Recovery coach certification is desirable.
Candidates reply with a cover letter and resume by November 17 to Maureen Leahy at .