Subsidized (Permanent) Housing

Champlain Housing Trust – Homeownership Center

Nonprofit rental housing provider & affordable owned housing options; free classes & access to low-interest loans for rehab, energy efficiency & accessibility upgrades. Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle counties only. Must need housing assistance.
(802) 660-3710

Burlington Housing Authority

Nonprofit rental housing provider; Sec. 8 housing vouchers. Families, adults 62+, disabled and single adults whose income meets guidelines.
(802) 864-0538

Winooski Housing Authority

Rental housing for adults w/ disabilities & elders. Low and moderate incomes only. Must be in need of affordable housing.
(802) 655-2360

Cathedral Square

Rental housing with on-site care options for adults w/ disabilities & elders. Must be a senior citizen or have special needs.
(802) 863-2224

Housing Resource Center

Help with back rent & security deposits for homeless; housing search assistance. Homeless single adults and families (& those at risk of becoming homeless). Applicants must have some form of income.
294 N. Winooski Ave.
Burlington, VT 05401
(802) 861-0110

HomeShare VT

Shared housing options providing in-home care to elders & adults with a disability. Must be elder or disabled individual in need of home care, or able to provide live-in support to another. Must be willing to share living space.
412 Farrell St. – Ste. 300
S. Burlington, VT 05403
(802) 863-5625

CVOEO – VT Tenants Inc.

Tenant rights advocacy & clearinghouse. Free advocacy and referrals for Vermont tenants.
294 N. Winooski Ave.
Burlington, VT 05401
(802) 864-0099

CVOEO – Mobile Home Project

Advocacy & resources for mobile home park residents & tenants. Must live in mobile home.
191 North St.
Burlington, VT 05401
(802) 660-3455 x 105