We love what we are able to do at The Turning Point Center of Chittenden County, and if you want to help, please let us know.
If no positions are listed below, you are welcome to submit a resume anyway. We read them all. Write to us at [email protected].
Current Job Openings:
The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring the long-term viability of the Turning Point Center of Chittenden County through fundraising, building community relations, and ensuring the Center adheres to its Mission Statement. The Executive Director is the public face of the Turning Point Center and is solely accountable to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is also responsible for working with the Board of Directors in developing a comprehensive budget and securing adequate funding to support the Turning Point Center. This position is 40 hours per week and may require some travel for meetings and events.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Development, Planning and Management
Develop funding sources, lead in the development and execution of fundraising plans, and write funding proposals to provide the funds necessary for the realization of the organization's mission
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a comprehensive budget, managing the budget, and monitoring monthly cash flow through ensuring that sound cash controls, bookkeeping, and accounting procedures are followed
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funding sources, politicians, the Recovery Center Network, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Act as representative of the organization through correspondence and public appearances
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Foster effective teamwork and empower others to take ownership of the Turning Point Center
- Lead by example
Operational Planning, Management, and Supervision
- Develop and implement an operational plan which fosters efficiency, cooperation, and teamwork
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of the Turning Point Center Policies and Procedures
- Supervise the Center Staff to ensure that the Turning Point Center is responding to the needs of those it serves
- Bachelor’s degree and two years experience working in social services or equivalent.
- Strongly desirable to be a person in recovery and understand the recovery community.
- Likes working with data (surveys, questionnaires)
- Experience working with various funding organizations including state and federal government, private foundations and individual donors.
- Ability to supervise personnel in a fair and compassionate manner
- Knowledge of fundraising, grant writing, and financial management
- Ability to implement and oversee an operations plan while fostering cooperation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Also adept at various social media outlets.
- Experience working with the media.
- Familiarity with social service agencies that serve Chittenden County area desirable
Cover Letters and Resumes should be received by Gary De Carolis, Executive Director, Turning Point Center of Chittenden County, 179 South Winooski Avenue, Suite 301, Burlington, VT 05401 or by e-mail at: [email protected]. Deadline: January 24, 2020.