We are looking for a Development and Communications Director
The Development and Communications Director is responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating all fundraising programs for the Turning Point Center of Chittenden County. They are an active front line fundraiser, assuming responsibility for a portfolio of individuals major and principal gift prospects and setting the example for performance. They will also build broad-based private philanthropic support for the organization through implementation and management of the Center’s fundraising – applying best practices to the annual fund; major and principal gifts; planned, corporate, and foundation gifts; grant writing; marketing; social media; and other donor relationship opportunities. They will oversee the identification, cultivation and solicitation of individuals, corporations and foundations. They will oversee the Center’s communications with the philanthropic community, community partners, and will be responsible for the Center’s social media and website content. The Development and Communications Director will work with the Executive Director and with our Board of Directors for all fundraising responsibilities. They will report directly to the Executive Director. Hourly pay range is $24-$26 per hour. The Center is an EOE and individuals in recovery are encouraged to apply.
- Secure funds equal to or greater than the annual operating costs of the Center.
- Manage the Center’s philanthropic base through donor relations and direct appeal.
- Direct fundraising efforts in partnership with the Executive Director; which may include grant writing, company sponsorships, in-kind donations, as well as grant report writing and organization of fundraising efforts through campaigns and events.
- Manage and oversee special events. Work with committees comprised of staff, board of directors, and volunteers.
- Provide general event planning oversight to ensure success.
- Develop and manage the Center’s marketing, social media, and communications to the broader public.
- Work with the Center’s staff, Board and community to actualize its 3-year strategic plan.
- Conduct outreach initiatives and maintain relationships with community partners. Duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and understanding of the recovery community needs.
- 2-3 years of fundraising experience including grant writing, sponsorship events and donor relations.
- Experience in grant management and reporting. Familiarity with salesforce records management software and Microsoft office products.
- Marketing, social media, and communications experience.
- Comfort with working independently and proactively making decisions.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.