The Turning Point Center of Chittenden County is Looking for an Administrative Manager
The Administrative Manager’s main role is to support the Executive Director in running the daily operations of the recovery center. The position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices. The position is full time and is eligible for the center’s competitive employee benefits package which includes accrued sickness and vacation time, 11 paid holidays, and an 80% employer sponsored health insurance plan with 100% vision and dental insurance. The position is non-exempt, and the hourly wage range is $22-24. The weekly schedule is Saturday-Wednesday 9am-5pm with occasional requirements for evening and holiday hours. This is an in-person position and requires some travel within Chittenden County. The Center is an EOE and encourages individuals in long-term recovery to apply.
- Supervision of daily operations; assistance in managing the main community room and guest relations.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteer staff; manage volunteer schedule.
- Assist Executive Director with oversight and coordination of 179 S Winooski Ave Building including tenant relations, coordinating with sub-contractors, building maintenance contractor, continuous upkeep and repairs; documentation of all building related issues.
- Manage recovery center activities schedule, recruit and vet community groups, coordinate with group memberships for designating space and other needs.
- Conduct monthly ordering of all Center related office needs and work within the Center’s budget for the fiscal year.
- Collection and reporting of all data required for state funding among all Center managed grants; work closely with all grant program coordinators to accomplish requirements.
- Assist Executive Director with development, maintenance, and storage of all Center policy and procedural documentation; this includes but is not limited to operational documents, policies pertaining to guests, staff, personnel, and volunteers, managing of the Center’s electronic database for all Center materials.
- Duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Records Management Software.
- Knowledge and understanding of the recovery community needs.
- Communication, outreach, and social media skills.
- Must work well within a team.
- The ideal candidate is well organized, can manage themselves under pressure, can conform to organizational expectations, and is personable with the population we serve.
- 3-4 years of experience working in related field; or equivalent bachelor’s with 1-year experience in related field; or equivalent Associate’s with 2-year experience in related field.
- Pass AHS Abuse Registry check, reliable transportation, and car insurance.
- Minimum of 2-years of continuous recovery from substance use disorder.