VA Outpatient Clinic at Ft. Ethan Allen
Primary care, counseling & related services for VA-eligible military vets. Must complete VA enrollment and mail it in. All eligible military veterans have access to important and needed medical services
128 Lakeside Avenue, Suite 260
Burlington, VT 05401
Phone: (802) 657-7000
Fax: (802) 657-7077
8:00am – 4:30pm, Mon-Fri
Services provided and arranged for through the Clinic to include:
· Primary Care
· Mental Health
· Physical Therapy
· Laboratory Tests
· Preventive services such as annual flu and pneumonia shots
· Electrocardiograms (EKG)
· Vocational Counseling
· TeleHealth services
· Social Work Services
· Home Based Primary Care
· Women’s Health services
· Registered Dietician
· Clinical Pharmacist
· Sleep Medicine Clinic
· Veterans will have one primary care doctor to coordinate care on an ongoing basis.
· Veterans can receive primary medical care closer to home and don’t have to travel to the White River Junction VAM&ROC.
· Veterans will still be eligible for specialty outpatient care, inpatient care and all other entitlements through the White River Junction VAM&ROC.
VT Veterans Center
Group & individual counseling for military vets from any era. Must be a Vet, and be in need of counseling because of military experience
19 Gregory Dr., Suite 201
South Burlington, VT 05403
Main Number: 401-739-0167
What is readjustment counseling?
Readjustment counseling is a wide range of psycho social services offered to eligible Veterans, Service members, and their families in the effort to make a successful transition from military to civilian life. They include:
· Individual and group counseling for Veterans, Service members, and their families
· Family counseling for military related issues
· Bereavement counseling for families who experience an active duty death
· Military sexual trauma counseling and referral
· Outreach and education including PDHRA, community events, etc.
· Substance abuse assessment and referral
· Employment assessment & referral
· VBA benefits explanation and referral
· Screening & referral for medical issues including TBI, depression, etc.
Does VA have readjustment counseling for family members?
Family members of combat Veterans and Service members have been eligible for Vet Center readjustment counseling services for military related issues since 1979.
Am I eligible for Vet Center readjustment counseling?
If you, or a family member, served in any combat zone and received a military campaign ribbon (Vietnam, Southwest Asia, OEF, OIF, etc.) then both you and your family are eligible for Vet Center services.
Where is counseling offered?
VA’s readjustment counseling is provided at community-based Vet Centers located in easily accessible neighborhoods near Veterans, Service members, and their families, yet separate from VA organizational sites to ensure confidential counseling and reduce barriers to care. All Vet Center services are prepaid through military service.
VT Office of Veterans Affairs
Helps veterans access service records, benefits, emergency aid & casualty assistance. Must be a Veteran or a family member of a Veteran looking for resources for Vets.
VT Veterans & Family Outreach Team
Confidential outreach, info & access to veterans benefits & services. Vets and family members only. Access to military and civilian services; informal screening for brain injury & trauma symptoms.
7846 Williston Rd.
Williston, VT 05495
Confidential peer support groups & individual support for military veterans coping with substance abuse & mental health conditions. Veterans only.
VT Air Guard Family Assistance Center
Emergency help, insurance issues, ID cards, employer support, financial counseling, family advocacy, legal & property issues, reintegration & adjustment support for VT Air Guard members. All VT Air Guard members and their families are eligible to receive assistance.
105 NCO Dr., BLVD 170
S. Burlington, VT
VT Dept. of Labor Veterans Employment Support
Help military veterans access employment training and support. Must be a Veteran in need of employment.
59-61 Pearl Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Military One Source
1-stop info. & referral for all military service members and their families. Must be a military service member. Active duty only.